Re: Ia St Fair

Donna wrote:

while on my trip noticed all the acorns on forest trees. From a distance
they looked like they were dieing as the tops were all brown. Closer
examination you could see the acorns causing the brown. I asked Betsy if
that was normal there and she thought it was due to the stress for the
last few years. Interesting IMHO.
Did you have many cicadas in those parts ? If so, could be the females
laying eggs in cuts in outer small branches. Our maples took a hit in
this regard hereabouts.
-jrf
--
Jim Fisher