Re: pics

Inspired guess, Lynda. When you install Horticopia, you have the option of copying the picture disc to you hard drive so you won't have to switch discs when you call up a plant--and, as I recall, the photos are identified by number. I'll bet that's it. What say, thee, Kitty?

On Wednesday, August 18, 2004, at 10:40 AM, Lynda Young wrote:

Probably way off base, here - but might you have copied some jpegs from
a Horticopia CD?

Zone 7 - West TN

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Kitty
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 9:54 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] pics

The numbers on these are not what you'd get from a digital camera. The photos were created as high quality jpegs and then compressed to a new file using the extension .pic and assigned numbers that are, for the most part in sequential order. And there is no way I could have taken any of these photos myself.

There are almost 2600 photos in the collection; a total of 414 MB.
You're probably right that I copied a collection to my hard drive and
chose my scanner's location as a safe place to put it, but I'm just
trying to figure out why and where the heck I got it and what can I do
with it now, 2 yrs later?

Oh well, I only brought it up in the hope that one of you might
recognize what I have because you also had it.  Apparently I'm out of