Yellowjackets have taken over my hummingbird feeder and are driving the poor
away.  This has been building for about three days, and today we just took
the feeder
down in the middle of the day in hopes the yellowjackets would go away.  I
went out
later to water my container garden and they swarmed me.  I could hardly
finish the
watering job - there must have been dozens buzzing around and in my hair.
get stung, but not a pleasant experience.  I worry about the hummers.  I know
there are plenty of flowers in the yard so that they won't starve, but they
do hang out at the feeder a lot and we do enjoy seeing them.  I don't know
where the yellowjackets nest is, so don't
know how to get rid of them.  I know they nest in the ground, and in the fall
often come and dig them out, but haven't seen any emerging from a hole
anywhere this
summer -plenty of holes from chipmunks, but none that I could identify as
else.  Anybody have a suggestion as to how I can get rid of these critters?