Re: Where is everybody?

40 acres and NO trees? How sad. I hate to hear that. And I love those
old live oaks. When I lived in New Orleans, they were everywhere. Just
beautiful, old trees. I like the Kapok (sp?) trees in Florida too.

james singer <jsinger@igc.org> wrote:
Not much mess to clean up here.

But our paver guy at work has a 40 acre camp site on a lake near
Arcadia, Florida, that took a direct hit. David said all of the trees
on the site are down, including some very old, very large live oaks. He
said there is no longer any shade on the 40 acres, but lots of wood for
camp fires.

Our office manager, who lives in Port Charlotte, had the back of her
house [pool cage and sliding glass doors] blown off; her mother and
father, who's house is two blocks from hers, lost the roof on their
house. She just got power back today, so now she's got A/C and an
operating water pump so all those refugees [parents and brother,
husband and self] can bathe.

On Monday, August 23, 2004, at 04:57 PM, Jesse Bell wrote:

> Oh...good. Then it's not my computer either. It's just quiet. I can
> deal
> with that. How is the clean up coming along? That last storm we had
> here
> took out a large oak tree and blew out the side of my husband's
> building....but a hurricane...that is really a mess to clean up.
>

> james singer wrote:I thought so, too, Jesse. But I
> was having a bout of aggravation with
> Earthlink and wasn't sure if it was Chat or the ISP. Still not.
>
> On Monday, August 23, 2004, at 04:10 PM, Jesse Bell wrote:
>
>> Man..the list is quiet today...and over the weekend too? Where'd
>> everybody go?

>> http://www.hort.net/funds/
>>

> Island Jim
> Southwest Florida