Re: Jesse's lavender

I have the Hidcote and Munstead...they seemed to do O.K., as well as my
"French" (I say French because that is how it is tagged but there are
different varieties of French so who knows). The bed they are in has
sand and very loose soil, but I have no gutters on my house (yet) so
there is a lot of run-off where those lavenders were. So, they won't go
back in the same spot. I tell ya, there are certain herbs I will NEVER
do without: Basil, Thyme, Rosemary, Lavender(s), Sage. They are a MUST.

pdickson <pdickson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
We had a wonderful speaker once that told us to put several scoops of gravel
in the bottom of the hole when you plant lavender. I think it is making a
big difference in my lavender plants. I think this allows the roots to NOT
sit in water for long.
Hope that helps. I planted 3 new "Provance" lavenders this year that I got
at the Sand Springs Herb Festival. They have done wonderful in one year!
She also recommended "Hidcote" and " Munstead" as being good for our
climate. I planted those right away and they are doing fantastic.

I had to replace my Grosso Lavenders because we had so much rain this