    Wow, I have a lot of email to catchup!
    Pam, your garden is so lush & green.  Looks wonderful!  I have 3 hardy
hibiscus which I have had for many yrs and I am border zone 4.  I have Kopper
King, Sweet Caroline & Ann Arundel.
    Jim, the tree is stunning as is all your tropicals.  I did a search on
your begonia & found an article comparing aconitifolia & sceptrum.  Viewing the
photos I believe I had a aconitifolia which I talked about some time ago.  I
had cut it back several times & finally decided to just see how big it would
get.  I am 5' & it was taller than I, indoors and containerized.  The article
stated they easily grow taller than 5-6'.
    I think Marge & Teresa must have performed in competition.  I want you
both on my team!
    Melody & Marge, early Sun eve (last day of the fair) my husband & I
watched the Belgians & Percheron hitch up and then went to the area for their
reviewing.  My dad & grandfather traveled the fair circuit with their Belgian
horses when my dad was a young man so we always watched them at the st fair as I
grew up.  I saw one woman preparing a hitch towel wipe the rear-ends of each of
horses.  I had never seen that done.  My husband really thought that was the
    Marge, Backbone St Park is a beautiful park.  This is in the area where
Mardi lives.  Did they have cabins at the park when you visited it?
    Donna, Perennial Sat is an annual all day Sat gardening symposium at Iowa
St Univ scheduled in November.  They bring in professional gardening speakers
such as Alan Armitage, Tony Avant, Michael Dirr, etc.
    Rich, Ames is about 35 mi from DM.
    Hopefully this brings me up to date.