Re: Yet another hurricane story

Probably right. Thanks, Judy.

On Wednesday, August 25, 2004, at 12:36 PM, Judy L Browning wrote:

Not sure this applies. However. When comparing solid vs mesh satelite
dishes, we were told that after wind reaches a certain speed, the turbulance
around the mesh causes the moving air to affect it as if it were solid.
Maybe that's what caused the chain link fence to blow over?
--- Original Message -----
From: <gardenqueen@academicplanet.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 7:45 PM
Subject: Re: RE: [CHAT] Yet another hurricane story

With the flooding from the storm, it could have picked up enough leaves,
branches and assorted trash to fill in most of those spaces to cause it
to topple over. Once down, the flotsam & jetsam would wash away and
you'd never know. I've seen how the leaves and such pile up at my chain
link gate during a deluge.

Pam Evans Kemp, TX zone 8A ----- Original Message ----- From: Donna Sent: 8/24/2004 8:54:51 PM To: gardenchat@hort.net Subject: RE: [CHAT] Yet another hurricane story

Wondered if they had those .... yipes what do you call them-- strips to
make them more private laced between the chain links.

That is something to ponder. Beyond the posts and rails, it's mostly
airspace between wire. WOW! Now that's powerful, Jim!

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)

One of our crew chiefs told me today that he saw where a 4-foot chain
link fence, not near any trees or large bushes, had been blown over by
Charley. He said: "How much resistance can a chain link fence

Island Jim

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W