Macho fern

The weedeater and its operator are getting a real workout this morning. Macho ferns have seriously encroached on the front patio and have closed the path from the patio to the little clearing where foxtail palm, bottle palm, tangelo, and key lime grow. Don't know if you're familiar with macho fern [can't seem to find the botanical this morning], but they are a very vigorous relative of the Boston fern, which spreads by underground stems and can grow to 3-1/2 to 4 feet tall.

So I'm mowing them down again, only this time when they start to come back I'll give them a shot of two of roundup.

Island Jim Southwest Florida 27.0 N, 82.4 W Zone 10a Minimum 30 F [-1 C]