Re: Macho fern now weed eater

OK- I know this has been thoroughly discussed and wasn't paying attention. But, who got a new weed eater recently and loved it? And was is a rechargable? If so, which one? I finished putting the garden wall blocks to separate the lawn from the garden out front (well I got half done anyway)- so until they really get seated in the soil and roots hold them in place I don't want to knock the mower into them And I hate out weedeater- the cord is a pain and it vibrates so much that my hands don't work properly for hours afterwards. So.... can someone tell me what to buy??

(either that or Jim has to come up once a week and demonstrate his killer weed eater skills in my yard!)

james singer wrote:

The weedeater and its operator are getting a real workout this morning. Macho ferns have seriously encroached on the front patio and have closed the path from the patio to the little clearing where foxtail palm, bottle palm, tangelo, and key lime grow. Don't know if you're familiar with macho fern [can't seem to find the botanical this morning], but they are a very vigorous relative of the Boston fern, which spreads by underground stems and can grow to 3-1/2 to 4 feet tall.

So I'm mowing them down again, only this time when they start to come back I'll give them a shot of two of roundup.

Island Jim Southwest Florida 27.0 N, 82.4 W Zone 10a Minimum 30 F [-1 C]