Re: picture from Island Jim link

This whole tribe, which is related to the starfish flower [the one that smells like carrion]. have some of the most interesting of all flowers. Odd combinations of bright colors, some with the shiny plastic look, others with a matte plastic look. Part of the reason for the "plastic" in either case, is the intensity of the color. It's like they escaped from Walt Disney's "Bambi."

On Sunday, August 29, 2004, at 11:21 AM, Kitty wrote:

A local green house had these this year. I was talking with the owner about
some special plants and she said I just HAD to see these. I was quite
amazed. Those flowers looked almost plastic. I mean that in a good way.
She had 2 varieties. Very interesting.

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "Donna" <justme@prairieinet.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2004 9:20 PM
Subject: [CHAT] picture from Island Jim link

Found this message from Island Jim today:

Here's a picture of genus Stapelia or Orbea succulant [no clue what
species] that has just bloomed. The flower is about the size of a
50-cent piece.

a direct link to:

http://snipurl.com/8q2g

or
http://simplymyworld.com/jimphotos.htm

kinda looks like a kid stuck a lifesaver candy on your flower there Jim!
LOL!

Thanks for sharing,
Donna

http://www.hort.net/funds/