From: Melody [mailto: mhobertm@excite.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 06:29:00 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Help with peonies

Chris: This is what peonies do at the end of summer and into
fall.<br>Normally I wait a bit longer to mow them down (or cut,
whichever way you<br>prefer), usually mid to late fall. Same thing is
happening to mine here,<br>so as long as there is no outward sign of
stress or disease (like an<br>obvious fungus or mildew or something
yucky) I wouldn't worry about it.<br>Kind of like waiting for tulip
foliage to die off completely...looks<br>terrible until you can finally
get it cleared away, but necessary to<br>next year's healthy
thing we can experience is the mysterious." <br>--Albert
Einstein<br><br> --- On Mon 08/30, < Chris@widom-assoc.com >
wrote:<br>From: [mailto: Chris@widom-assoc.com]<br>To:
gardenchat@hort.net<br>Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:33:57 -0400<br>Subject:
[CHAT] Help with peonies<br><br>Many of my peony plants are browning and
look awful! Could this be<br>blight<br>or could this be the end of their
season? Also, I have an<br>abundance of<br>mature foxgloves for the
first time, but many are<br>growing in all the wrong<br>places! When is
a safe time to relocate<br>them? I tried to pot some up in<br>the late
spring/early summer, but<br>they didn't like it much, although
Excite! - http://www.excite.com<br>The most personalized portal on the

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com