Re: Colchicum pics plus

> Are all your colchicum blooming already? Hum... mine are just starting
> to show their nubs coming out of the soil.

Not all, just the earlier varieties.  The Colchicum speciosum (the ones you
have) are just at soil level now.  But still, that's early for all of these.
Since the temps seem to be returning to normal maybe the speciosums will
just sit there until the correct time.

>...Heliopsis 'Loraine Sunshine' ...Love the leaves but somehow the flowers
look
> odd against them...How well do > they transplant?

For several years I didn't like the flower color w/the leaves either, but
this year it seems ok to me - I guess it grows on you.  This plant seems to
transplant easily.  Also, once it is established, let it self sow.  About
50% of the seedlings come true with white/green leaves and are very easy to
pot up.

Kitty