Re: Hi I'm A Newbie with a ??

Hi, Andrea. Looks like you might Frances. How you doing?

On Tuesday, August 31, 2004, at 05:23 PM, Andrea H wrote:

Welcome Holli-I've not heard of Vine-X but if the group recommends it, I'd
try it. My uncle has suggested to me an herbicide called Crossbow, for woody
plants as I was complaining about wild blackberry. He assured me it would
kill it but haven't tried it yet.

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC

----- Original Message ----- From: <Hollikft@aol.com> To: <gardenchat@hort.net> Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 10:55 PM Subject: [CHAT] Hi I'm A Newbie with a ??

HI I'm Holli, a really good friend Donna, had told me about this great
gardening group, so I decided to join up! Havent had the greatest garden
this
year, but it was passable. I was disappointed this year, but the bees seem
enjoy it!  LOL
 Anyway I have a question..  I am loaded with POISON IVY, in the  back
yard
and so is the family in the house behind me. She did have someone do
removal
tonight and then they were going to spray something in the grown so it
wont
come back next year.
Is there a safe way to remove it ... it really is in a bad area..it's by
the
pond and continues across the back of the yard and entwined in all my pine
trees. And of course I have a dog.

Any suggestions?
Thank You
Holli LI,NY