Re: garden lighting

Hi, Pam. I have 8 of those in my front patio. Got them on sale from Target. They've been there at least 3 years. They don't put out a lot of light, but they put out enough to illuminate paths in the early evening [peter out around 9 PM]. And they've lasted far longer than I ever thought they would. I suggested to Ms Fatma last weekend that she should watch for another Target sale of the lights. [Reading ads falls within her labor division.]

On Tuesday, August 31, 2004, at 05:37 PM, "" <gardenqueen@academicplanet.com> wrote:

Have you tried those solar garden lights? I got mine from Gardener's Supply and everyone in the neighborhood just loves them!

Pam Evans
Kemp, TX
zone 8A
----- Original Message -----
From: Donna
Sent: 8/30/2004 10:37:26 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] garden lighting

Garden Lighting....

Curious how everyone lights up your pathways, open areas and what have
you.

I a have a zillion Malibu lights (cheap ones) but of course the plants
all cover them up and they work for crap.

I am thinking of installing one of those huge lights on my roof, flip of
a switch and it is daylight. Really don't want to do that, but need to
be able to see out there.

Currently wildlife is everywhere, so you might step on something... got
that darn heron back...fox... and who knows what else, can't see!

I mostly worry about my dog, she is quiet and just moseys to the back of
the yard and appears back at the door later. The yard is fenced in and
locked, so she can't get out, but being a black cocker spaniel you can't
see her either!

Thoughts?

Donna

http://www.hort.net/funds/