Re: Pineapples...itchy mouth

Actually, Noreen, lots of people are allergic to mango sap and can't touch the skin, but can eat the fruit fine if someone will peel it them.

On Aug 1, 2005, at 7:54 PM, TeichFlora@aol.com wrote:

How very interesting, I have never met anyone else that has this. Everyone
thinks I'm odd because I cannot eat a Mango. Well, I can eat it as long as
it doesn't touch my lips and such. I loved eating mango off the peel, but
always got a rash and itchy mouth....not like my lips aren't big enough as it
is....and swollen. Terrible itch. Thought I was allergic to the fruit, but
found that if the pieces are cut, I can eat it.....putting it directly in my
mouth, don't like lips, etc. LOL
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 8/1/2005 11:02:43 AM Central Standard Time,