From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of David Franzman
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 12:50 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT - History Lesson

Hi folks

Well I don't have any good fishing stories per se though I do have an
interesting story for you.  I went with five other guys all of them 55 and
above.  We decided that while in Wyoming do as the Wyoming-ingers do.  So,
we went horse back riding up into the mountains.  It was quite beautiful and

we reached the lofty elevation of 10,000 ft or so.  On the way we saw
eagles, hawks, moose and other animals.  The interesting part of this story
was that all of us are relative novices at horseback riding.  One of our
guys was wearing an almost cowboy looking hat so he almost looked the part.
Our wrangler/guide was a young lady, 21, who is supposed to have "extensive"

experience with horses.  On the way up the mountain she mentioned several
times at how much Lee...the cowboy hat guy...looked like the real McCoy.  We

stopped for lunch at a beautiful spot that one could see for miles around.
Right after lunch we remounted and were on our way.  Suddenly a commotion
was heard behind us and I turned to see six people on horse and one empty
saddle.  Yep, you guessed it, cowboy Lee.  Seems he was putting his camera
away when the horse took it upon himself to catch up to the rest of the
horses...rather quickly.  Lee fell straight off the back of the horse and on

his keester.  What could we do....we laughed...until the 21 year old rushed
to his side and was patting his face with her 'cherchief then the rest of us

stopped laughing.  Had I been quicker on the draw I would have fallen off of

my saddle then and there.

So there you have my Wyoming tale.  Lots of fish, pretty vistas and one red
faced wrangler.

David

http://www.atouchofthetropics.net