Re: Collecting

Oh, most definitely, Kitty.  All my "collections" still make me smile,
that's why I still have them all. Some tend to collect for  future value, others
for whatever reason.  Mine all hold some memories  of some place, some time,
etc......so that is what I find comfort  in.   As I tend to get older though,
having less time  to dust,  having less and less room and more stuff, and become
more practical....that's when I wonder what the purpose is of something that
has  no practical use.  Mind you, I do the same in my garden......it's way
over  crowded, I don't always have the time to devote to keeping it up, and yet I
keep  adding more and more. (smile)  I just wish I had more discipline, but
it definitely makes both of us very happy.  As dh says, it's the thrill of
the hunt, the joy of finally finding that special item, and finally the  years
of enjoyment.
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 8/1/2005 11:02:20 PM Central Standard Time,