Re: Tree variety

Not David, Ceres, but Liriodendron being a tree of the eastern
deciduous forest, I'd bet it couldn't deal with the California summer
dryness without extensive watering. Mine requires weekly watering in
our drought and heat or its leaves start yellowing and drop. (Of
course, I have no idea where Morgan Hill is - perhaps a more moderate
area of California?)

Cathy, west central IL, z5b