Re: Help identifying a fungus?

Well that's interesting. I wonder if the ones here are edible. They aren't
the same, ahem, shape, but same color. The smell usually didn't linger
around the "fruiting body" but wafted through the air. I remember standing
in my yard asking WHAT is that smell?! I finally figured it out. SO glad to
know you have them in Illinois................

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC