Re: Re: Collecting/ number of plants??

In a message dated 08/04/2005 10:39:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
4042N15@nationalhearing.com writes:
trash novels (I don't
> actually collect them- but what do you do after you read them?)

There are resale shops for them.  Here you can take them in and they will
give you 1/3 its retail price.  Then they sell them at 1/2 the retail price.

I regret to admit that I am addicted to murder mysteries - at
about the rate of two or three a week.   I put them all into a
large shopping bag and when the bag is full I pass it on to
another addict.  For years I had a circle of four or five people
who shared my addiction.  I would have each initial the book
when he/she had finished with it and would pass the bag on
to another person in the circle.  Sadly most of those people
are gone - died or moved away - but I now have a new
young(er) friend, a female lawyer, who waits for each bag
of mysteries eagerly.  I don't call this a collection because
I don't keep them - oh, I do have piles of them in the
basement, but they are just waiting for new homes.  The
books I keep are not so ephemeral.
Auralie