Re: RoundUp/Surflan

Agreed. I'm using Spectracide bait this time around. Seems to keep them under control.

n Aug 4, 2005, at 1:46 PM, Daryl wrote:

Glad it's working for you despite the color.

Yup, the orange is ugly for a bit, but it sure helps to know where you've
sprayed - both intentionally and unintentionally.

I just use Amdro, Award or Logic bait for the fire ants, broadcasting it in
spring and fall. We've only had two fire ant mounds this year, and both were
outside the fence, where my neighbor thinks he's helping (not) by sprinkling
the mounds with Orthene. The baits work so much better than mound treatments
that I don't even use the mound treatments anymore.

From: "james singer" <islandjim1@verizon.net>
To: "Garden Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 1:18 PM
Subject: [CHAT] RoundUp/Surflan

Thanks for the tip, Daryl. I've been tank-mixing RoundUp and Surflan
for the last couple of passes at a very weedy bed and it seems to work
great. Hate that agent orange color, though. Maybe I ought to add
talstar to the mix and get rid of the fire ants, too.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10