Re: RoundUp/Surflan

Thanks for the publication, Daryl. Added it to my notebook.

On Aug 5, 2005, at 9:39 AM, Daryl wrote:

I hadn't heard about Indoxacarb, but looked it up. Along the way, I found
this bit that compares different fire ant products.
http://fireant.tamu.edu/research/arr/year/99-03/res_dem_9903/pdf/ 4_ai_indoxacarb.pdf

I think I'll go hunting for Extinguish, since it's so hard to find
Logic/Award anymore.

----- Original Message -----
From: "james singer" <islandjim1@verizon.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 8:22 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] RoundUp/Surflan

Indoxacarb. Less than 1 percent.

On Aug 4, 2005, at 3:57 PM, Daryl wrote:

What's the active ingredient in Spectracide bait? I haven't tried
that.  I
prefer IGRs since they're less of a hazard to other critters.

The main advantage that I can see to baits is that you don't normally
see a
mound until it has upwards of 50,000 ants. That's a lot of the biting
beasts. If you bait, you can get the small colonies before you even
they're there.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W