Re: Baptisa now cut flowers

I LOVE my raised beds. Our acreage is mostly heavy clay. 100 years of mega
farming has eroded the topsoil into highway ditches on one side of us and the
Embarrass riverbed on the other.When we dug our pond the bottom was actually
blue in color. So drainage is the main issue.Also if I cover the annual beds with
black plastic they warm up much faster in the spring. I have 4 of the beds
devoted to perennials..peonies, iris, yarrow, salvias, the tall sedums('Purple
Emperor' is my new fav), phlox, helenium, rudbeckia, daisies, heliopsis,
dianthus, all the various types of lilies('tho I am usually fighting the rabbits for
these)liatris, veronicas, and others I can't think of right now. The other 3
rotate various annuals including some veggies for us. Always have
zinnia,snaps, dahlias, glads. The field gives me wonderful things this time of
year...ironweed, switch grass, goldenrod, Q.A. lace, etc. The viburnum right now has
gorgeous red berries. Spring flowering shrubs planted around the house are
invaluable, too. Mock orange is a favorite. And of course pussy willow. Could be more
than you really wanted to know about cut flowers!! Kathyz5