From: kmrsy@netzero.net [mailto: kmrsy@netzero.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 03:09:06 GMT
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Success!!!!!

Thanks all. It's not really my method. I got it from gardenchat. Jim
S<br>gave some ideas and then I'm pretty sure it was Cathy or Melody
that<br>told me they always keep a box ready for cuttings this way on
the<br>kitchen counter. So I tried it with tenders with great results. I
wasn't<br>sure it would work for woodies, but it did. It's not
necessarily more<br>fun than your method Zem, but you can get a lot of
<gardenqueen@gmail.com> wrote:<br>You GO Kitty! How wonderful, I am so
tickled. I may need to try<br>your method myself. My record w/ cuttings
<zsanders@midsouth.rr.com> wrote:<br>> Kitty, that is very exciting. I'm
saving your instructions because there<br>> are several things around
here I would like to take cuttings from. I have<br>> an 'Bluebird'
althea that I would like to do and a hydrangea that was sold<br>> to me
as 'Annabelle' but

each blossom is made up of gazillions of tiny<br>> flowers. It is very
fragrant. I know I can get starts by putting bricks on<br>> the limbs,
West TN<br>> ----- Original Message -----<br>> From:
<kmrsy@netzero.net><br>> To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>> Sent: Tuesday,
to check my cuttings. 5 weeks in the clear<br>> > box outside in a 1:1
mix of moistened perlite and vermiculite. 100%<br>> > success on Deutzia
'Mont Rose' and Weigela ' Bristol Ruby'! OK, I know<br>> > they are
easy, but this is the best i've ever done even with them. I<br>> > also
did a few of Rose of Sharon 'Blue Satin', Hydrangea serrata<br>> >
'Bluebird', and Syringa tribida 'Josee'. I had already potted up
the<br>> > Josees, which had only about 30% success when I decided to
take<br>> >

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com