Re: Thunder now Iowa St Fair

In a message dated 8/9/05 11:54:34 PM, mhobertm@excite.com writes:

> Do
> you have any quilt work entered this year?

Melody, I sent an entry in for a quilt but didn't get it finished.   I did
take in the Des Moines Quilt Guilds quilt show raffle quilt (will be raffled at
our show in Oct).   It is an Iowa quilt with appliqued blocks depicting known
events/locations in Iowa.   I did the block which depicts the little brown
church.   Other blocks are wind mill in Pella, hot air balloon for the balloon
expo in Indianola, covered bridge of Madison County, one room school house, farm
house, a finch the state bird, an Amish horse and buggy, a sail boat on an
Iowa lake & others.   A great Iowa rose appliqued border.
     I will look for you in the garden.
          Ceres