Re: Be kind to your web-footed...

James, tell Fatma aka The Short One, congratulations for me please.
To: "Garden Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 12:51 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Be kind to your web-footed...

friends / For a duck may be somebody's mother...

We're trying to raise our tolerance level for patriotic gibberish here at the plantation. Next week, Tuesday to be date certain, Ms. Fatma raises her right hand [anyone ever wonder why it's the right hand?], mumbles a few trite shibboleths [is that redundant?], and becomes a U.S. citizen. We have to travel to Tampa for the ceremony and, if that's not bad enough, endure a period of political bloviation before INS delivers the goods. A woman from Zululand, who went through this initiation ceremony 2 years ago, has warned us that, while the proceedings are tedious and banal, the inability of INS clerks to deliver the proper papers to the proper persons is mind blowing, and we may want to consider reserving a hotel room.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10