Re: tonights event/moving

Ceres, couldn't tell you. They charge by the job, not the hour. I doubt
he'll be getting $50 an hour though. It's going to take a while......
I honestly don't mind paying it. It's hard work. I think most people that
do this for a living are underpaid. Manual labor (skilled) is IMO something
that should be paid well for.

Plus the fact that these guys will be doing this in 90+ degree weather,
probably 80-90% humidity.
I've watched my Dad do manual labor all his life, highly skilled, WAY under
paid. He's 64 (65 in November) and still gets up at 4:30 am and works all
day in the Charleston heat. When he comes home it's about all he can do to
shower, eat, and watch maybe 30 minutes of TV. He virtually passes out.
Fortunately, he's either going to retire in November or cut way back on his
working hours. He hasn't decided yet. His wife put her foot down on the
getting out of bed and being at work at 5:30 deal. I told her GOOD FOR YOU!

Sorry, that's a soapbox for me. I didn't mean to go off. It's just that
skilled manual labor is hard to come by and I think it's really worth
paying for when you need it. I sure as heck wouldn't clean someone's whole
yard for a small price.

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC