Re: Rain, Monarchs

Chris, that has happened to us so often this summer.  This was
the first good rain we've had in weeks.  Twice recently we have
driven through heavy downpours only a few miles away from here
only to find that none had fallen on us.  It's hideously dry - even the
dogwoods and maple trees are looking wilted.
I, too, worry about the cats.  Two of ours don't go out at all, and
we discourage the other two in this weather. Our very fat white
cat, Sandy, has an extremely thick coat, and I really worry about
her - try not to let her stay out more than a few minutes at a time.
The older black cat likes to lie under the air-conditioning vent -
we are sure he has claimed that spot because it's the cool
Stay cool,  Auralie

In a message dated 08/13/2005 10:33:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,