sprinkler woes!

Well- One of my sprinkler heads sprung a leak(my husband ran over it with the lawn mower), so I went out to fix it. Realized that one of the connectors to the sprinker head on another out front had cracked. didn't get it fixed- need to go to the store and get a part. But, thought I'd give the other zones a nice drink in the mean time. And....the main controller has gone burzerk! So... clearly it has lived as long as it will (13 years), so not only will I be going to the store for the cracked part but also apparently for a new controller unit. Oh the thrill of it all! The one I have is a Lawn Genie- think I'll spring for the the Rainbird this time.