Re: Daylilies in the north

Speaking of daylilies, DH and I went to St Louis this weekend for the
Rams' first exhibition game of the season. They won, but all in all,
it was pretty boring. The next day, we went to the Missouri Botanical
Gardens, and by chance, the local Daylily Society was having their
sale. We picked up divisions of Harbor Blue, Prince Michael, and Ruby
Spider (each bag had a minimum of two+ plants). The Iris Society also
had divisions for sale, but no wet land iris. They took our name and
phone number and promised to let us know when they dig them in
September. Wandered the gardens - tropical waterlilies were in their
glory. Before we left, DH purchased a dwarf banana. Spent today
(after church and grocery shopping) repotting it, and potting up the
daylilies until I decide where to put them.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b