Re: farmers almanac

   I had a look at the headers of the farmer's almanac mail,
kindly sent to me by Donna and Daryl. I see nothing of any
particular interest; they both originate at farmersalmanactv.com
and were sent out by ccm08.roving.com (presumably a mail-sending
company employed by farmersalmanactv.com). Donna's mail took an
odd detour via prodigy.net and a yahoo host, while Daryl's came
straight to her via an earthlink.net mail receiver.
   farmersalmanac.com is based in Lewiston, Maine (seen via whois),
while farmersalmanactv.com is based in Savannah, GA. On its
website, farmersalmanactv.com refers to the Farmer's Almanac;
I didn't troll through www.farmersalmanac.com to see if it
references farmersalmanactv.com .
   This doesn't look like usual spam; they weren't selling
products/services of dubious value or advertising Nigerian
ways to part with your money.
   If this is the worst spam we get, it will be the dawn of a golden age...
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W
USDA Zone 7