To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Starting a nursery/David!

Drainage may be a good part of the problem, as we have heavy clay
here. All were on a slope, though, and I guess I thought that
slope=drainage. The one that survived was in the most protected spot,
next to the koi pond, but it was the most abused, losing the growing
plant that I received (something broke it off at soil level) and
having to produce a new keiki that first year. Go figure.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b