Re: Starting a nursery

> Tony Avent at Plant Delights Nursery has a book - So you want to start
> a nursery or something like that.  Been getting good press.  Might be
> worth a look-see.

Hi Pam,

   I've had the book for about a year and just started re-reading it.
   I think it's written more for people who don't really know much about
   the nursery business to get them to start thinking about certain
   issues, but it doesn't really talk about the specifics.  For example,
   he spends a lot of time talking about the difference between
   wholesale, retail, and mailorder nurseries.  I figure that if you
   don't know that before you decide to start a nursery, you're going
   to be in a world of hurt.  :)

> And people are idiots.  If some woman sues
> McDonalds because she's a klutz and spills coffee on herself and gets
> burned (and wins) - anything is possible.

   I was just reading an article about award caps from lawsuits:

      http://hort.net/+12RY

   It's a pretty good article.

   Personally, I'm against caps because corporations will be more
   negligent in safety matters because it won't cost them as much.

Chris