Re: Starting a nursery> photos

> you don't organize them right away, you're out of luck.

Chris,
I downloaded Picassa from Google a long time back.  It's a great picture
organizer.  When you download the program it scans your computer for all
your photos.  Any that are NOT in My Pictures under My Documents are
duplicated and the copies placed there.  Of course that means wasting space
on your hard drive, but I later went through and deleted those originals
that weren't in My Pictures.  Any new photos saved in My Pictures get
included in Picassa.  Any new photos saved other than in that location don't
get included but can be imported.

When you open Picassa it shows youthumbnails of every picture, supposedly
organized by date.  That parts a little fuzzy.  But still, now you can
scroll - and pretty quickly too - through all your photos to find what you
want.  I later reorganized mine by category instead of date and it is handy.

Picassa is free and I'm assuming pretty safe.  It's easy too.

Kitty
Kitty
neIN, Z5