computer problems

My computer monitor is behaving in a most upsetting manner - jumping
around and changing size, making little snapping noises.  What is going
on?  Is it going bad?  It is less than a year old, and in my 20-odd years
of computer use I've never seen anything like this.  Guess I'd better see
if I can get some tech help.  I'm on DH's machine now, but he will be
back soon and neet to use it.
Auralie