Re: Starting a nursery

Water is quite expensive here so we do not get the sprinkler out until it is truly necessary. We let things go as long as we can without killing plants or letting them get brown and ratty... after all we are supposed to have display gardens for others to see. We water using hoses and sprinklers.. takes about 3 days moving the hose every two hours. At the same time we have to keep all the plants in containers here watered.
Kings Spear is Asphodeline lutea. European perennial. About 2 1/2 feet tall in bloom... yellow bells on tall stem. Foliage is evergreen and blue green... looks like something that comes from a dessert. On the western side of my garden. The plant that blooms forms offsets and then dies as it sets seed for the year.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

----- Original Message ----- From: <Cornergar@aol.com>
Gene, Love your garden tour. I'm sure it is a tremendous amount of work. Do
you irrigate? And what is "Kings Spear"? Kathyz5