Re: Jesse's llama picture link

Good thing you're not allergic to cats. Have a happy birthday.

On Aug 24, 2005, at 11:19 PM, kmrsy@netzero.net wrote:

Cat stories abound. They may be on a smaller scale than Llama stories, but they are just as dear.

Jack usually stays in at night but got stuck outside Mon night. When
that happens he usually makes double sure it doesn't happen the next
night by parking himself on my bed from around 8 pm on. Tues night
everybody went out again surprisingly, and I went to bed. This morning
when they all came bounding in - no Jackie. I looked everywhere. Made
coffee, took a shower, went to dressing room. I heard a tiny mew and
thought oh! Jack's outside the window, but no. So I proceeded getting
dressed, opened my underwear drawer....yep, here's Jackie!

Kitty

-- Theresa <tchessie@comcast.net> wrote:
OK- I want to go live with Jesse. Not only do you have to coolest
animals, you have great stories to boot!

Theresa

Jesse Bell wrote:

Well, I think it depends on the personality of the llama quite frankly.
The first one we bought was a male who had been "fixed". He thinks all
the goats are HIS. He will lay on the ground and let the baby goats
climb all OVER him and not flinch. If you go in there...he will circle
around you and watch to make sure you aren't doing anything you
shouldn't be doing. We heard the same thing...you need 2-3 for llamas to
thrive. So, we went and bought another one....male. We thought if one
was fixed there wouldn't be any problems. Well, Dhali Llama (the first
one) did not want Mr. Misty (the daddy of this new baby) anywhere around
him and he chased him and chased him till I thought Misty would fall
over dead. They screamed at each other and spit at each other. So...we
separated them into different pastures. Then we got another male and put
him in the third pasture. They spit at each other over the fence, raced
up and down trying to get at each other. It was just crazy. So

THEN we bought Sophie...and put her in with the third male (can't
remember his name today for some reason) and they mated immediately.
They are pregnant for 11 months. Well, Misty whined and whined and
whined cause he wanted in there with the girl. So, then we bought
Mercedes and put her in with Misty. Same thing, she was pregnant the
first week. So, we have another baby due in about 2-3 weeks.
MEANWHILE...Dhali Llama still wants nothing to do with the other
llamas...even the females. He is a lone llama. I think he thinks he is a
goat. Man...even my animals have issues. Geez.

Donna <gossiper@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
LOL! you ain't kidding Jesse!

A friend of mine has three llama's. They have to greet
you at the gate. If you don't let them do that first
and just walk in, you will be in big trouble! One of
his is a real show off, another is just a big baby,
and the the third one just follows you around and gets
mad when you leave the pasture without him.

How many do you have? He claims you have to have three
or more. Something about they don't survive if you
only have one. Can't remember the entire story at the
moment.

Donna

--- Jesse Bell wrote:

He will get a smidge darker maybe. The father is
white with pale brown
spots underneath (you can see it after he has been
sheered) and the
mother is dark brown. So he'll most likely stay a
mocha color. He is so
soft to touch and soooooo cute. Momma is very, very
protective of him
too. I have to greet her every time I go down to
see the baby. If I
dont touch noses with momma, I dont get to see the
baby. Thats how
llamas greet and OK each other. If you dont..you
get spit on! LOL
Brandi learned that the HARD way and had to go
shower after momma
sprayed her with chewed up grass. Way too funny.

james singer wrote:
Jesse, will it [he/she?] stay that color or darken
as it ages? Great
color.