Re: Mostly OT - Brag

Congratulations, Cyndi!  Isn't it a satisfying feeling to bring home
those ribbons!  Keep up the good work.
Auralie

In a message dated 08/29/2005 11:02:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil writes:
Our local fair opened Friday night and Saturday I went to see the results on
all my entries. It was good and bad. I entered 14 different things in the
canned goods - jams, jellies, pickles etc - and I got ribbons on 13 of them.
That was good. But only two were first place. Yah, I know, but it's not even
close to how well I normally do so I admit to being a tad disappointed. I
consoled myself with the thought that I know the woman who beat me out in
most categories and she's darn good. Now that her kids are all out of 4H,
she has lots of time to work at it.
On to the agriculture building where I had 9 entries. Woo-hoo! I didn't
place at all in tomatoes or the fresh thyme bundle, but I got a second on my
zucchini and 5 - count 'em, 5 - first place awards for peppers and
cucumbers, including the best of show award for my bell peppers. I left
happy.
Speaking of peppers I picked a peck of 'em this weekend, some got chopped
for the freezer and some got stuffed & cooked for the freezer. There are
hundreds left though, work for a few days at least. Nice thing about peppers
is they can stay on the plant for a while, you aren't out there panicking
because something MUST BE DONE NOW! But next year...not so many. Really.

Cyndi