Re: Katrina continued

Wow - this is so bad. We're collecting for the Red Cross here at work and a
local towing company has donated use of a 3 bedroom rent house here in
Terrell for flood victims to stay in as long as they need to. I'm going to
pick up kitchen and laundry stuff while the gal organizing it rustles up
furniture and stuff. All we know about the people is all they have is the
clothes on their backs. Hideous.

 On 8/31/05, Daryl <pulis@mindspring.com> wrote:
> Pam,
> The twirlies were all around us according to radar, but the nearest
> touchdown was about 10 miles north. We're fine - not even as much wet as a
> big summer thunderstorm, though the wind went on for hours and hours.
> In the other good news department, my friend in Pensacola only had the
> tarp
> blown off her roof (still hadn't gotten back home since Dennis), and
> another
> in Louisiana is safe with relatives in St. Louis, though she has no idea
> what her home is like. She and her family live in Kenner, and that was
> shown
> to have a couple of feet of water the other day.
> Several other acquaintances are still un-accounted for, including 1 in
> Slidell and 2 in New Orleans who would not likely have evacuated because
> of
> the danger of looting. I remember that during one of the other hurricanes
> few years ago, Lee had his attic set up with water, flashlights, food and
> an
> axe and saw, because he knew it would be needed if the levy broke. I keep
> looking at those they're plucking off of the roof, and wondering.
> My heart breaks for those affected.
> Zone 7a/Georgia/Gardening on Heavy Clay

Pam Evans
Kemp TX