Re: Katrina continued

If FEMA's performance was half as good as its PR, all the rooves Charley ripped off would be repaired. We still have people in "temporary" housing.

On Aug 31, 2005, at 1:55 PM, Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSR wrote:

One hopes that FEMA can come through for all those dispossessed. I was
wondering if the new bankruptcy rules, which I've heard are quite penalizing
even to those who can't help what happened to them, will cause problems.
It's just so sad - no house, no job, no city to go back to.

Cyndi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 10:39 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Katrina continued

Once immediate needs are addressed, it looks to me like we're going to
need a massive public works program for the Gulf Coast from Lake
Charles to Pensacola. Not only are many of the victims dispossessed,
they're also going to be jobless for a long, long time. Doubt either
god or supply-side economics will be much help to them.