Re: [Katrina/Marines

Oh you all...my son called me tonight. There is a 95% chance that he
will be stationed over in New Orleans within the next few days. He
drives one of those amphibian vehicles that go from land to water. His
Marine platoon is being called in to help pick up the dead bodies,
rescue those that are left, stop the looters and gangs and help move the
people from the superdome to the astrodome. He was just beside himself.
He's 18 and has never been in a disaster zone like this. He said, "mom,
there are women and children...and BABIES that I'll have to pick up...I
don't know if I can do this". And in the next breath he was saying,
"it's my job, I'll do whatever I need to do to help them, this is just
horrible". I just wanted to cry. He said, "mom, please ask your friends
to pray for me and my buddies. Not only is this hard to do, but we need
protection. The gangs and looters out there are shooting at
anybody...Americans should not be the "enemy" here". So I'm asking you
all to

 keep New Orleans and the folks trying to help them in your prayers.  This is just so sad.

Jesse

Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com> wrote:
The company I work for can be butts sometimes, but in a disaster - they are
there. The big boys sent out a call this morning for donations which we
collected which they will add a momentous chunk to. The rank and file have
responded to the call to outfit a donated rent house for refugees. And this
is just the beginning...

www.americares.orgas it

--
Pam Evans