From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of SueNY
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 12:28 PM
To: GARDENS@LSV.UKY.EDU
Cc: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Extreme Heat!

Well it's a lovely 106 degrees right now and no end in site. It's supposed
to be equally hot the rest of the week. My plants are hanging in there,
although I know I can forget about any of the buds getting pollinated until
the heat goes down. A branch on one of my tomato plants split, even tho it
was staked firmly and caged.. It looks like it got hit by lighting actually.
Of course it was the branch with the most toms on it, but since it was still
attached to the plant I taped it up with plant tape and used garden velcro
to tie it to the cage and it seems fine..no wilting! My flowers are getting
cooked..my mini petunia's about given up...the impatients are loving it
though, and my rose bush has recovered very nicely!

Sue(6B)