Re: heat...

Sounds familiar Noreen. That's what we do here too. I had lunch with a friend of mine who was telling me about a surprise party she had to attend the other night. It was one of those mandatory "good for business" parties. It was held outdoors and her quote was "now who in their right mind would have an outdoor party this time of year in beaufort?" LOL! They made an appearance and ran for the A/C after that. My A/C runs full time this time of year and will for then next month and a half at least. It's horrid out there today. The worst so far. We had a thunderstorm this afternoon and that just made things worse. It feels like it's about 100 % humidity out there, even though I'm sure the weather man would disagree with me. I stopped by Wal-mart on the way home and bought a new fan to blow on my orchids. I am afraid the stillness may be getting to them.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 2:49 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Re: heat...

It is awful....and we would not be able to endure it without everything
having A/C. This is the time of year (although we haven't hit the triple digits
yet) where we do "inside" things. LOL
Much like you all do in the winter months. We hybernate in A/C places (from
house to vehicle, to bldg.) with little outdoor activity except for mornings
and evenings. We know that we will have a few months in the fall with nice
temps (in the 70's and 80's) to enjoy again. Usually by this time too, we
are tired of outdoor activity from the spring and early summer months. I
usually look forward to this time to get some indoor things done during the heat
of the day.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 8/2/2006 11:03:22 AM Central Standard Time,