Re: Re: heat...

And, very humid here.  I went to my yoga class yesterday morning, followed
by some errands and lunch with a friend.  We had a short humidity-raising
shower.  After dinner, I walked 2 miles with a friend, thinking that it
should be more comfortable in the evening.  WRONG!!!  Today, I slept until
10:00 although I usually am up by 7:00.  I think the heat/humidity wore me
out.  Yesterday, NPR had a section on the heat-index.  Seems the concept
originated in Australia.   Lots of factors play into it...such as clothes,
weight, etc...but essentially it is how you feel under certain
heat/humidity conditions.  The index approximates the difficulty the body
has in cooling itself.