From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Donna
Sent: Saturday, August 05, 2006 10:27 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Drought.../ now peppers

Most years I would agree with your folks, but not this year.

My 6 plants have yielded more than we can eat. My family is tired of stuffed
peppers :) They are huge ones too....good 5 -6 inches. Another round is
about ready, looking into cutting them and freezing for stews etc over the
winter... anyone done that?

I am also going to have an over aboundance of tomatoes ....and cucumbers ..
and cantalope... only a couple of watermelons tho. Sweet corn didn't make
it.... the few ears where harvested by some critter.

I guess this series of rain, hot weather was perfect for the veggie garden.
I planted less than I usually do since I didn't think I would have time to
preserve the extras, so only planted what we normally could eat.....
sigh.... hum, if they continue at this pace, wonder if I could offer it on
freecycle.....

Donna