Re: OT/Red stuff

Go for corn; they're better anyway--especially if they're made with lard :>)

On Aug 5, 2006, at 9:04 PM, Pam Evans wrote:

Well Andrea, God bless her, has sent me the SBD book. I've decided to
postpone my annual checkup for a month or two to get started on this and see
if I can shave off a little weight. Dr. Marsh would be so pleased.....
But no more flour tortillas? In the land of Tex-Mex? Oh dear.

Zem, It's obviously our Southern background.  I grew up with
congealed salads - they were the special party dishes for most
events.  A favorite was orange Jello with grated carrots and crushed
pineapple - "Sunshine salad."  But tomato aspic was not totally
Southern.  When we moved to New York and I achieved the social
prominence of membership in the Garden Club of Peekskill (I've long
since moved on from there, but they thought pretty highly of them-
selves), tomato aspic was on the menu of all of their fancy luncheons.
I haven't eaten Jello since my children were small, but still make
tomato aspic on occasion - my DH loves it.
Auralie

In a message dated 07/28/2006 8:25:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,