Re: Drought.../ now peppers

Bonnie, look up the recipe for  "Tzatziki"  I used to work in a Greek restaurant and it was the BEST  STUFF.  I love it.

james singer <islandjim1@verizon.net> wrote:   No recipe, Bonnie. A pint of yoghurt; a small cuke, shredded; a large
clove of garlic, pressed; and about a tablespoon of cracked pepper.

Also, the Lebanese--when they're not being bombed--make a
yoghurt-cucumber soup that is excellent.

On Aug 6, 2006, at 3:43 PM, Bonnie Holmes wrote:

> Does she have a recipe or does she just put it together? I'd love to
> try
> it.

>>> salad (still a tad frozen) or in smoothie kind of drinks later. I've
>>> heard
>>> of cantaloupe pickles but never tried it; and I made cantaloupe jam
>>> once.
>>> Note the word "once".
>>> And if you work - I can't remember - it's easy to get rid of your
>>> extras. I
>>> even know people who WANT zucchini, imagine that.
>>>
>>> Cyndi

>>> eat..... sigh.... hum, if they continue at this pace, wonder if I
>>> could
>>> offer it on freecycle.....
>>>

>>> Donna

Island Jim