Re: Re: [OT] South Beach Diet

Chris, careful what you wish for. It's quite possible to be very lonely when you're with some one - but I think you already know that. Frankly, that sappy stuff about needing to love yourself first b4 someone else can love you, probably is somewhat on target. But, too, the others who've replied about it happening when you're not looking for it are pretty accurate as well.

Frankly, I don't get it. You're young, handsome, not without an income, educated, interesting, very handy around the house and with all things mechanical, and you can even cook! Will you marry me?

(not really meaning to make light of your situation but...really, I just don't get it. They should be flocking to your door!)

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 2:45 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: [OT] South Beach Diet

Youngest daughter Natalie did the South Beach Diet for 2 weeks. She lost
15 pounds. And she needed to. She is a candidate for Type 2 if she is
not careful. You can do anything Pam if you look at it like they do in
AA meetings "just for today I will not drink the beer (0r whatever it is
you want) and I will be healthy". It's not forever. Just until you get
your weight where you want it. Cardio exercise will help with that.
Natalie NEVER gets cardio exercise. Some physical body types just need
the cardio more than others. I have a fast metabolism. Natalie does not.
Catching up on email here...

Three years ago I had lost a whole bunch of weight (about 80 pounds)
and was pretty close to my target weight.  For me, the best way was
Atkins.  I don't believe in Atkins as a lifestyle, but more as a quick
results/motivator.  Within one month of doing Atkins I was down by about
30 pounds.  At that point I was hyped enough that I was more willing to
eat healthy and exercise wasn't nearly as painful.

Unfortunately, I lost weight for the wrong reason -- I wanted to meet
someone.  What I learned is that losing weight just makes you thin and
lonely instead of fat and lonely.  I've gained some of it back and
probably could lose it again, but I don't really have a motivational
reason.  I mean, do I want to lose weight so that I can live a longer,
lonely life?  Gee, that sounds like fun.  :)