To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 11:15 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] winners

I really like scented geraniums. I was hopeful to find some unusual ones this year. Alas, just the usual rose, rose-mint, and citronella available here.
My favorites so far are "Mabel Gray" orange scent, "Candy Dancer" Tutti fruiti with finely cut leaves, and an unnamed varigated cut leaf with a true peppermint scent. I was unable to overwinter these successfully.
I've found that some "scented" geraniums only vaguely resemble their named scents. The good ones, though, have a strong, true perfume.