From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Chris Petersen
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 10:31 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Cats and frogs!

I love frogs and toads.  I have four types in a large terrarium that I have
kept going for years.  I love to hear them croaking and it is LOUD! Do you
think that my 12"+ koi would try to eat frogs if I tried to import some for
my pond?  The pond is 1000 gallons and almost four feet deep, but it has a
3" ledge so the frogs could get out.  I had a bull frog once, but he only
stayed for a few years.  No other frogs survived with him around! I love
toads as well, but I never see them in my garden.  We have some ponds nearby
where I always listen for the toads singing.  It's neat!  You are lucky to
have your very own tree frogs!

Jacey, another of my cats, caught a baby rabbit just now.  He brought the
rabbit home, so I was able to catch and release it. I woke up this morning
to find three small McCoy (early American pottery) vases knocked off a
window ledge.  LO jumps from the floor up to the 3" ledge. The window ledge
is at 5'.  That cat can jump! Luckily there was carpeting on the floor and
the three pieces didn't land on each other.  What's next? Right now he's
sleeping on the rat's cage since he disposed of the snakes, he's enjoying
the rat's company!

It's a gorgeous day today, but I'm totally unmotivated to go outside. I
desperately need to pay some bills.  I think that I'll work on that first.

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)

chris@widom-assoc.com